​​Call 203-397-6033



Employment Based Immigration

Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant Employment Visas are temporary visas that give an employee permission to work for a U.S. employer for a specified period of time.

Below is a list of the different types of employment visas we process:

  • H-1B  Specialty Occupation 

  • P-1 Visa for Internationally Recognized Artists & Athletes

  • P-3 Culturally Unique Artists & Entertainers

  • L-1 Visa for Multinational Executive/Manager and Specialized Knowledge Individuals

  • O-1 Visa for Individuals with Extraordinary Ability in Business, Education, Sciences, Arts or Athletics

  • TN under NAFTA for Citizens of Canada and Mexico

  • ​E-1 Treaty Trader

  • E-2 Treaty Investor

  • ​E-3 Visa for Australians

Immigrant Visas - Obtaining a Green Card through Work

Employers seeking to hire a foreign national for a permanent position must usually go through the PERM labor certification application process with the Department of Labor prior to filing an immigrant petition with the USCIS.  The labor certification process requires the employer to test the job market to ensure there is not a qualified U.S. worker available for the position. The following employment based preference categories require an approved labor certification:

  • Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees (Second Preference)
  • Professionals Holding Bachelor's Degrees (Third Preference)
  • Skilled Workers (Third Preference)

Our office has extensive experience filing PERM labor certification applications and responding to DOL audits. For additional information about the PERM labor certification process and services we offer, please contact our office.

Some immigrant visa categories do not require the preliminary step of receiving an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor. These include:

  • Individuals with Extraordinary Ability in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics (EB-1)
  • Outstanding Professors and Researchers (EB-1)
  • Multinational Executives and Managers (EB-1)
  • National Interest Waiver (EB-2)

​​Obtaining a Green Card through Employment without Employer Sponsorship

If you do not have an employer willing to sponsor you, you may still be able to obtain a green card through employment through "self-sponsorship". The two most common self-sponsored green card applications are the EB-2 National Interest Waiver and the EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Petition. Please contact our office for additional information about "self-sponsored" employment based immigration options.